Most bare patches on grass surfaces are caused by constant heavy wear and tear. It may be a shortcut to the garden shed or the goalmouth on a football pitch.
These high traffic areas suffer from compacted soil meaning that water and minerals are unable to reach the root system. The grass may recover with a period of rest but the problem will re-occur when the area is used again.
Lawn Wizard is a unique solution which will solve with the problem, offering the ideal solution that allows the grass to thrive even under the heaviest use.
Lawn Wizard consists of a mixture of grass seed, fertiliser and Terraflex 1mm rubber granules. The rubber granule expand and contract when the lawn is in use and under pressure helping to aerate, irrigate and circulate nutrients to the root system.
It also ensures that the soil will not become compacted, and the problem will not reoccur. It has also proven to be very effective at improving poor drainage in areas of heavy soil such as clay.
- Mix in the included sachet of grass seed into the mixture (at a rate of one sachet per one kilo of Lawn Wizard).
- Remove any weeds from the area and cut the existing grass as close as possible to the surface.
- Use a garden fork to aerate the surface creating holes that are at least 5cm deep.
- Spread Lawn Wizard over the area and lightly brush to ensure the holes are completely filled. One kilo of Lawn Wizard should be sufficient to treat up to 1.5 square metres.
- Any remaining Lawn Wizard on the surface will quickly germinate into the soil surface and you will have good new growth.
- Keep the area well-watered and free from use until the grass is well established.
At Terraflex we are a leading manufacturer of rubber-based products and surfaces in Ireland and the UK. We have the production capability to meet large quantity orders in a short time frame.
Please contact our office to place an order or for more information.