Terraflex rubber chippings for children’s play areas
A safer play surface means more peace of mind
Spills and falls are inevitable in children’s play areas, so make sure to give them a soft, spongy landing with a cushioning rubber infill from Terraflex. Our bright, colourful rubber chippings are fully ROSPA approved and meet the highest safety standards. But as well as keeping youngsters safe, Terraflex rubber chippings are attractive, easy to maintain and considerably more hygienic than ordinary wood-based mulches. And with a lifespan of many years, they’ll last longer, with no need for annual top-ups. What’s not to like!
And there’s more. In addition to their exceptional cushioning qualities, Terraflex rubber chippings are non-absorbent, so rain water to passes straight through. This means no more muddy puddles, or slippery mulch. Instead your children will stay cleaner and their clothes remain stain-free. What is more, Terraflex is completely inert so it will not rot down like wood mulch and doesn’t need topped up.
Most important of all, Terraflex provides a safe surface for children’s play areas and is ROSPA approved for the following Critical Fall Heights:
75mm Depth: 1.5m Critical Fall Height
100mm Depth: 3m Critical Fall Height
All of this means that with Terraflex rubber chippings you get an incredibly safe, durable and long-lasting surface that will guarantee a soft, spongy landing for your young ones, year after year.
What’s the recipe for Terraflex rubber chippings?
Here are the essential ingredients we use to make Terraflex rubber chippings.
- Take around 150,000 high quality recycled car tyres.
- Shred each one carefully into evenly-sized pieces at our UK processing plant.
- Sieve, sort and magnetise every piece to remove unwanted wire and fabric.
- Mix thoroughly with one of our attractive and non-toxic colouring agents - brown, blue, green, purple, slate and terracotta.
- Bake at a moderate heat for approximately 20 minutes.
This produces an economical and versatile synthetic surface for children’s play arenas, manufactured to strictly controlled quality standards, offering enhanced levels of safety, hygiene and longevity.
More good reasons to choose Terraflex:
- Terraflex provides a safe, clean and inert play surface for children
- Excellent shock absorbance: made to ROSPA standards, excellent child safety
- Easy on the eye: comes in a range of bright, attractive and non-toxic colours
- Perennially attractive: retains its colour and looks good, year after year
- Virtually weatherproof: withstands extreme weather, including wind, storms and frost
- No nasty surprises: cats and dogs give Terraflex rubber chippings a wide berth!
- Easy to install: simply pour to the required depth and level.