Terraflex rubber mulch for gardens and landscaping
Make your garden grow better
Terraflex rubber chippings are the ideal mulch for flower beds, borders and paths because rubber is attractive, inert and long lasting. This means that unlike wood-based mulches, Terraflex rubber chippings won’t break down or decompose. Instead they retain their colour and keep on doing the job of suppressing weeds and enhancing your flower beds for many years, with only minimal maintenance. You can even remove dead leaves and other garden debris with a hand-held blower without dislodging the chippings.
What’s the recipe for Terraflex rubber chippings?
- Take around 150,000 high quality recycled car tyres.
- Shred carefully to evenly-sized pieces at our UK processing plant.
- Sieve, sort and magnetise every piece to remove unwanted wire and fabric.
- Mix thoroughly with one of our non-toxic colouring agents – brown, blue, green, purple, slate and terracotta.
- Bake at a moderate heat for approximately 20 minutes.
The result is an attractive, long-lasting garden mulch that will suppress weeds and protect your plants for years to come.
More good reasons to choose Terraflex rubber chips
Terraflex rubber chipping garden mulch is your best choice on all grounds - performance, value and aesthetics. Here’s why:
- Permeable - rain passes through unimpeded, so more water reaches plant roots
- Moisture retention – it blocks evaporation and inhibits the drying out of soil
- Stable soil temperature – not too hot in summer, not too cold in winter, ideal for plants
- Great value - competitively priced and long-lasting, saving you time, effort and money
- Visually pleasing - retains its attractive colour and aesthetic appeal year after year
- Weatherproof - withstands extreme conditions, including high wind and storms.
- Pest deterrent - termites, snails, slugs, insects and bugs avoid Terraflex, which means better protection for flowers and plants
- Discourages pet deposits - cats and dogs give Terraflex rubber chippings a wide berth!
- Versatile – use on flower beds, paths & borders or as a topping for pots and containers