Terraflex rubber chippings for equestrian arenas and manèges
There’s a lot riding on the surface you choose
There are no short cuts when it comes to correct horse training, so none should be taken when choosing the best surface for your equestrian arena or manège. Our specially developed Terraflex equestrian surfaces are completely dust free and provide the perfect balance between surface elasticity and stability. So your horses can enjoy a consistent, safe footing, with both vertical and horizontal support. This allows maximum performance with minimal stress to spine, tendons and joints – even under the heavy strains caused by rapid movement.
Terraflex rubber chippings not only provide exceptional cushioning qualities, they also act as an insulating layer, preventing the surface from drying out in summer or freezing in winter. And it doesn’t track or compact down like silica sand, which means it is incredibly durable, very easy to maintain and will last for years.
What’s the recipe for Terraflex equestrian chippings?
- Take around 150,000 high quality recycled truck tyres.
- Shred carefully to evenly-sized pieces at our UK processing plant.
- Sieve, sort and magnetise every single piece to remove unwanted wire and fabric.
The result is an economical and versatile synthetic surface for arenas and manèges, manufactured to strictly controlled quality standards, offering enhanced levels of grip, stability, impact absorbance and safety.
More good reasons to choose a Terraflex equestrian surface:
Terraflex equestrian surface is your best choice on all grounds - performance, value and safety.
- Dust free: rubber chippings are inert, non toxic and highly stable
- Superb elasticity: Terraflex is kind to horses’ legs
- World-class riding surface: excellent support, enhanced grip, no dust and great drainage
- Stable surface: reduced tendency to form ruts and tracking.
- Easy maintenance: only minimal raking and re-levelling is required
- Versatile: dust free and stable, ideal for both indoor and outdoor arenas
- Long lasting and inert: does not break down or degrade, lasts for many years
- Consistently safe: will not compress, even under high usage or extreme temperatures
- Highly absorbent surface: reduced risk of injury to riders in a fall
- Resists frost: allows year-round use
- Virtually weatherproof: withstands extreme weather, including wind, storms and frost